Nov 13, 2009

Onus

I would like to start things off by quoting that I would always remember this time of my life as the most challenging one--in every conceivable aspect--and I am definitely going to learn a lot in these two months.
Today, I was thinking about all the battles ahead of me in these coming few weeks,and this actually got me feeling all lost and confused. So I am writing this post here for all my friends who are not aware of my current status and more so for myself--as a memory.

The most daunting task ahead of me is to apply to the various Universities in USA for my MS. Collecting information without anyone to counsel is proving to be a real headache. My mother offered me to hire a professional counselling service who usually charge around 15-20k for helping out students with applications. But as it occurs,I just can't convince myself to spend so much money on such things, and so I have decided to do it all by myself.

Let me sum up all the things--that i know so far-- would be needed for my applications. First, I would need to write a Statement Of Purpose (SOP), then i need to make three Letter of Recommendations (LOR), find teachers who would sign those LOR's for me , apply to the GGSIP university for issuing my original Transcripts,collect information about all the universities and various courses, shortlist around 6-7 universities and then form an adapted SOP for each of them. Then,finally fill in the real application form and mail all the documents and of course pay the fee online.

This being said, here is a list of the activities I need to do side by side the aforementioned tasks.

  • Work for the Final Review of our project which is scheduled for Monday , 16th Nov 09.
  • My navy letter has arrived, got to Fax those guys to change my SSB dates.
  • Prepare for internal vivas of all the labs which are also starting from the same date.
  • Prepare Innovations for all the labs ( there are three of them ).
  • Then on Thursday--19 Nov--some company--Negro or is it Negaro-- is visiting the college for placements,so have to sit for their interview.
  • Friday,internal viva of our Minor Project. Need to make a fat report and PPT for the same before the viva.
  • Next, Monday External Practicals whole week.
  • Then I think I would get a week to prepare for the CAT and my final exams.
This is about it I guess, and I am sure that if I have forgotten anything,I would be reminded of it in the comments. And for now,without wasting another second I would like to get down to writing my SOP.


No comments: