Nov 30, 2008

Movie Review : Quantum Of Solace ( James Bond )



Yesterday late in the night i decided i had had enough of wasting time , so i thought of utilizing my precious time by watching a movie. Trust me i have watched every single hindi movie that has been released during the past 8 to 10 weeks , so i was undoubtedley in mood for something non-desi. Unfortunately, I had only two unwatched hollywood flicks on my system , 'The mummy something' and 'Quantum of solace' , latter being my obvious choice.

So, I sat down under my 'rajai' with a packet of 'hide n seek' on my ultra 'luxurious' chair.First 15 or so minutes of the movie were full-on action , bam here n a dhish there ! , but i was patient and held my nerve hoping against hope that sometime soon i will understand as to what was going on. Finally some peace , but not for long , fighting again , a chase , and suddenly Bond was in some diffrent country , more killings , another chase , a car blown up , some talking ( god knows about what ) , more chases , several boats blown up . This was pretty much the first half of the movie , all i could gather was that i had seen an actress which resembles the ravishing French beauty '
Audrey Tautou' of the Da vinci fame, yes she was also in the NFS carbon thingy.
Second half more or less acted like a bed time story for me , until there was actually a bed scene which waked me up a bit. This time there was this new girl , i don't know her name but she was pretty hot too.Action continued , senseless parties and aimless chasing ,baseless arguments ,enough material to send me or anyone for that matter into a semi-concious state. I felt i was watching the "Matrix Revolutions" without watching the "The Matrix" . All in all , i do recognise who the real villain was , i do recognise the two actresses but both had familiar faces , rsembling Audrey , but apart fromt this God and the makers only know, what the movie was all about.
I hope somebody who has or will watch the movie , will want to help me pinpoint what exactly i missed.

"A Must Watch"
IMDB : 7.1

3 comments:

MeSsI said...

This happened with me in pulp fiction. I never understood any part of the movie. Somehow it happens to be among the top rankers on IMDB. Nice factual review ;)

Sushant said...

true , in pulp fiction i couldnt understand the first 30 mins or so , but finally i found my way in . Yeh to lawl movie hai , srsly , no sir no leg.

Jasmeet said...

i never liked pulp fiction either. But every1 i discuss is with is a huge fan.